Summer in Los Angeles



This summer, I've been interning at an experiential marketing agency in the heart of West Hollywood. Although a LA County native, raised in the San Gabriel Valley, I've never truly been able to indulge myself in what the City of Angles has to offer, up until this summer. I've definitely acclimated to the traffic ridden streets of Downtown LA, and Hollywood during my daily work commute. And to my friends and family, I've become an unofficial LA Tour guide. Here are some of my favorite LA Spots I've visited.

Things to see & places to dine:


1. The Getty Museum



I've been here several times prior to this summer, but I always look forward to every visit. This museum offers a wonderful selection of paintings by artist such as the famous Claude Monet and Vincent Van Gogh, photography exhibits, and an awesome view of Los Angeles!


2. The Grand Central Market. 




Right off of Broadway, a few blocks down from the Disney Concert Hall exists LA's version of the Quincy Market in Boston. The Grand Central Market is home to fruits vendors, delicious taco stands and my favorite, The Egg Slut. It's deliciously crafted burgers and breakfast sandwiches are always topped with a perfectly cooked egg.


3. The Walt Disney Concert Hall.




This place is definitely a must-see attraction for tourist and it has every reason to be. The amazing architecture by Frank Gehry allows the Concert Hall to stand out amongst it's neighboring rectangular buildings. If you get a chance, visit the hidden gems of the Concert Hall, The Blue Ribbon Garden and the balcony that overlooks the city.


4. Food Haus Cafe.




Probably one of the best burgers I've had in a while! I throughly enjoyed the "Burger 24" paired with a side salad, truffle fries and an Arnold Palmer, my mouth was in heaven.


5. Alfred Coffee off of Melrose Place.  




Their motto is basically motto for life. "But first, Coffee." I mean, who wouldn't agree. Excellent coffee and great vibes.


6. Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo.



 It's target audience being 20 something year olds in search of Food Trucks, live music and alcoholic beverages are companied by the animals of the zoo all enjoying the warm summer night.

Till next time,
Tracy Win





1 comment :