Tiffany's Room Tour




I grew up in a tiny apartment where I had to share a room with my sister for most of my life. Then coming to college, I also had roommates for two more years. So I was extremely excited when I got my own room and had the opportunity to decorate it any way I wanted!

The process of my room decorating adventure began with what I wanted from my room. I wanted a room where I would feel comfortable just lounging around (because I do that way to often...), but also a room that was practical and a place where I can get my school work done. To really have that comfortable feeling, choose warm lighting instead of white light, it really makes a huge difference! I also wanted to keep my room simple and clean by not covering my walls with all my favorite movie or artists posters, as I have done in the past. I instead opted to put up a few of my own paintings, a chalk board wall sticker, lanterns and falling leaves wall decor. 

The Falling Leaves Wall Decor can be bought: here 

Original seahorse paintings by me! :)

A gifted chalk board decal (I know, it says egg...I'm just going to buy one egg :P )

I bought these lanterns from Cotton On, but they no longer have this exact print. But they do have other ones that are quite cute! Here

Ikea lamps usually come with warm lighting! (remember the succulent plant terrarium? Learn how to make it here!)

As for the color scheme of my room, I wanted to keep it pretty neutral with pops of colors that are already in my bedding. My bed duvet cover is from Ikea, and they have really awesome prints! Here
My bedding has yellow, blue, and red flower prints, so I picked out red as my main accent color and bought a red rug and a red pillow! As for my furniture, my room came with a brown dresser and bed frame, and I added on a black and white desk and shelf. 


I also wanted to display a few of my art pieces and my favorite things on the shelving space. I stored a collection of my watches on an empty Jack Daniel's bottle, and it's serves as a great jewelry holder! (If you're not 21 yet, you can always use any old empty glass jars!) I bought my jewelry tree from Anthropologie, unfortunately they no longer sell it.  

My favorite part of the room is my closet area! I wanted to create an illusion of a walk-in closet as well as display some of my favorite clothing pieces. I put out clothing items according to the season and ones that I wear most often, the best part is that it's like an ever-changing art display because I can always switch it out! 




And finally, the hardest part was figuring out what to do with the windows. I really love the idea of curtains because it gives the room a put together feel, but the problem I originally faced was not being able to put up curtain rods or punch any nails into the walls. So, I decided that I can pin hole each side of the wall and string it through to fit my curtain in! If you would like me to do a DIY of hanging a curtain without nails or curtain rods, comment down below!                                                                                                      














Thanks for visiting my room tour, and have a great rest of the Sunday!                                                   

Cheers, 
Tiff

No comments :

Post a Comment