Baum-Kuchen Stationary Store



3423 Verdugo Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90065

The main reason I ended up in this lovely studio was because of the Midori traveler's notebook. I will do a separate blog post on that in the future. I had been wanting this notebook for quite some time and I was planning to buy one off of www.baum-kuchen.net . But I found out the store was actually located in Los Angeles. I figured I should take the trip there so I could save on shipping costs while getting a chance to check this place out in person. I went on a Saturday with Michelle and that trip made my day. 


We arrived there and parked on their streets because there wasn't an actual parking lot for the place. Michelle and I made the mistake of walking into another store right next door to Baum-Kuchen. That was sort of embarrassing so be careful if you go. After we went into the right store, nobody was there. We looked around the studio for a while, a quite soothing experience. The decor was what I'd like to call "eye-candy". Their items were neatly displayed and gave me a chance to look at their merchandise more closely. What I really liked about the place is that the owner personally displayed her own notebooks! Here, I discovered how good the leather quality of the product was. I fell in love with her worn out notebooks. I fell in love with how she kept notes about her life and how she incorporated a sense of creativity and art. It inspired me. I totally adored everything in that studio and it made me want to put my creative side to the test. They had a wide variety of leather notebooks, napkin note pads, pens, pencils, notebook inserts, charms, and much more. The owner finally came out of the back room and greeted us. She was so nice and easy going. She was curious to how we found out about the place and I gave her my story. When I was buying my things, the owner let me off with a few cents because she didn't have change or something. Same with Michelle. She was so chill about it. She even complimented my wallet that I bought from Etsy. I would totally bring more people here to buy their own stationary products next time. Even if you don't end up buying anything I suggest you go there to look around. It's a good place to feed your soul!


Posted by: Julia

No comments :

Post a Comment